Senior Java Developer
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. If you have a pioneering spirit and thrive on innovative projects where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, now is the time to join this dynamic team. We need to double our capacity to satisfy growing client demand globally and are looking for top talent. Combine the challenges offered by complex technical initiatives with the potential for international travel and gain experience and demonstrate your creativity.
░▒▓█ YOUR FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES █▓▒░
As a Java Developer on our team, you will be working on several big initiatives within the business. This role will require communication and interaction with multiple internal and external teams to ensure each module interacts properly with each other. The Developer will also troubleshoot issues and develop new enhancements to achieve targeted results. If you have experience in web development and are excited about continuous learning opportunities we want to hear from you. Your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in planning tasks and supporting team leaders in coordination of activities
- Design software modules that interact with larger software project
- Participating in Web application and Java component development according to team best practices
- Performing unit tests on developed components and lead other tests according to team methods and procedures
- analysis and clarification of business requirements
- Solution design and technical specifications preparation
- Development of modules based on client requirements
- User acceptance testing support and bug fixing
- Production deployment preparation and post go live support
- System optimization
- Project planning and effort estimation support
- Communication with international team.
░▒▓█ REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE █▓▒░
- minimum 3 years’ experience of developing applications in Java
- strong analytical skills
- knowledge of other tools, servers, OS, methodologies necessary for programming in Java
- basic knowledge of PL/SQL programming, Oracle administration and query optimization
- good command of the English language, both verbal and in writing,
- nice to have experience with iterative (Agile/Scrum) development
- great teamwork and communication skills (local and international teams),
- relationship management skills with the ability to handle conflict and negotiations at middle levels
- ability to work remotely with teams across cultures, geographies and time zones (virtual teams)
- ability to prioritize tasks and to work under pressure without supervision in a complex work environment
- good communication skills able to align with remote teams,
- self-reliance and self-motivation, able to quickly learn new applications
Experience with the following skills will be considered as an advantage:
- practical experience with Weblogic,
- knowledge of Jenkins and Sonar
- independent worker that requires little supervision beyond initial scope expectation and transfer of requirement
- Aptitude for application level support, migration and deployment activities
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of successful delivery
- Participate and network externally in industry forums to share best practices and gain competitive intelligence
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent
- Java certification
░▒▓█ WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US █▓▒░
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 70,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development.
For more information go to: http://cgikariera.pl/#benefity
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.