Azure Developer/Data Engineer
|As Azure data engineer, you’ll build cloud analytics architectures to solve any challenge that our customers might face. We work in scrum teams in a no-nonsense environment that supports independent action.
Good data engineer is a swiss army knife in a modern analytics world where noSQL meets SQL and real time a & batch processes are complementing each other. Data engineer has in his/hers toolbox a solid combination of skills on SQL developer+ hacker + linux + Java or comparable programming skills. Maybe you are not an expert in all skill areas yet but you will soon be after joining our team!
The tool set of an Azure data engineer include Azure components like Azure HDInsight, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Lake, Azure Functions, API Managment and Azure Cosmo DB, as well as Azure SQL Server, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Hive, Drill, Shell scripting, Python, R, Perl, Java, C/C++, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark and MapReduce.
At CGI Advanced Analytics Solutions, you will explore cutting edge technologies with like-minded professionals and play the word-class professional league with the best people!
|YOUR FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|· Cloud platform setup
· Implementation of data integrations towards cloud platform
· Implementation of data processing workflows
· Implementation of data stores and data models
· Development of data processing components and applications
· Implementation of data integrations out of data platform
· Pre-sales: work effort estimations
|REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE|
|· Good or excellent knowledge of SQL
· 5+ years of experience from working in technical role (preferably with data)
· Good experience from working with more than one ETL tool
· Good general knowledge about cloud services used for data processing, ETL and data storing
· Some data modelling experience
· Experience from working with relational DBs and DWs
· Knowledge of Linux/Windows servers setup
· Some programming skills with one or more languages: C#, Python, Java, node.js, R, shell scripting
· Beneficial, not mandatory:
o Experience from working with NoSQL DBs & Hadoop
o Understanding of solution and network architectures
o Experience with API development
o Experience with frontend development
o Experience with BI tools
o Experience with EMR/HDInsight
o Data encryption knowledge